20080205

Surrent v. A Useful Idiot - Score Duel


One down, four to go.

Dustin came over last night for a little twin-guitar improv action. The results were okay, not great. I think we played well and interestingly, but the sound quality of the recording is a bit... eh. Before he arrived, I had setup three microphones to capture the carnage: a large-diaphragm condenser on my amp, a dynamic on his amp, and a small-diaphragm condenser as a room mic. I got all the levels set and verified everything was sounding nice. However, Dustin plays a LOT louder than I do. When he started playing, I turned up my amp a bit to compensate but forgot to adjust the mics. Because of this, the mic on my amp was pretty much blown out the entire time and the room mic was overloaded occasionally. However, his mic sounded great. I was able to mix the room mic with his amp mic to get a usable sound. There are a few bits where it gets grainy and clippy, especially at the very end, but on the whole, I likes. I hope you do, too.

Surrent v. A Useful Idiot - Score Duel

No comments: